Chinese smartphone maker Gionee has launched its new flagship smartphone the Elife S7 in India at Rs 24,999.
The device was recently unveiled at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. At 5.5mm it will be the world’s thinnest smartphone with dual SIM card slots.
Gionee Group CEO William Lu says that the Elife S7 aims to fix all the pain points in a regular slim phone. With a unique parallel line side frame and U-shaped Skelton, the smartphone is made out of aviation grade alloy. The Elife S7 will have Corning Gorlla Glass 3 in both the front and back.
- Gionee S11, S11s and M7 Plus launched: Price, specifications
- Gionee F6, F205 and Steel 3 launched: Price, specifications, and features
- Gionee F6, F205 smartphones with FullView display teased ahead of Nov 26 launch
- Gionee M7 Power launched with 5,000mAh battery: Price in India, specifications, and features
- Gionee M7 Power with 5000mAh battery coming to India, launch set for November 15
- MWC 2015: Gionee Elife S7, slimmest Dual SIM phone, coming to India on Apr 3
The Gionee Elife S7 runs on a 1.7GHz octa-core Mediatek 6752 CPU with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. It will also feature a Freescale sensor hub. Ruuning on Amigo OS 3.0 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop with OTA, the smatphone comes with a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and an 8 front camera.
The 13MP camera is flat and does not protrude from the slim frame of the phone. There will be a 3.5mm jack too with Hi-Fi sound powered by DTS. IT will also have a dual SIM array catering to FDD and TDD LTE. The phone is powered by a 2759 mAh battery.
5.2-inch Super AMOLED FHD（1920×1080）PPI=424 , Gorilla Glass 3
Amigo OS 3.0 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop with OTA
1.7GHz octa-core Mediatek 6752 CPU
2GB of RAM
16GB of internal storage
13.0MP rear camera, LED flash, AF, and 8.0MP front-facing camera
Connectivity: WCDMA 900(850)/1900/2100MHz GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
TDD LTE B38/39/40 FDD LTE B3/7/8/20