Gionee has announced a rebranding of its brand under the slogan ‘Make Smiles’. The company also announced its new flagship, the S8 with 3D Touch. The phone is the first with the new branding.
The earlier identity was based on feature phones, said global president William Lu, adding that after a lot of research they found that people only care when they feel for something. “We are devoted to make smiles,” he said, underlining what he said was the move from smartphones to smilephones.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The S8 will have a metal design, which will be the first with an invisible design. The loop full-metal design, the company claims, offers low interference and full band coverage. The phone will have 5.5-inch colourful water drop display with 2.5D glass and smallest AMOLED at 0.693mm. It is also the narrowest 5.5-inch phone at 74.9mm width.
Watch Video: Gionee S8 Launched In MWC 2016
The phone has a 16MP RWB camera, which the Chinese company says reduces noise and improves low light performance. The fast double focus with laser and PDAF focus is 2.5x faster, as per the company. It will also come with text recognition converting photos into text.
The Gionee version of 3D Touch is very similar to the Apple implementation. Plus there is an Edge Bar feature that lets you select apps by pressing the edges.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P10 processor with 4GB RAM and will have 64GB RAM. The phone is priced Euro 449 and will be available end March.
Disclaimer: The author is in Barcelona on the invite of Qualcomm, which is paying for travel and accommodation.