Gionee has announced a rebranding of its brand under the slogan ‘Make Smiles’. The company also announced its new flagship, the S8 with 3D Touch. The phone is the first with the new branding.
The earlier identity was based on feature phones, said global president William Lu, adding that after a lot of research they found that people only care when they feel for something. “We are devoted to make smiles,” he said, underlining what he said was the move from smartphones to smilephones.
The S8 will have a metal design, which will be the first with an invisible design. The loop full-metal design, the company claims, offers low interference and full band coverage. The phone will have 5.5-inch colourful water drop display with 2.5D glass and smallest AMOLED at 0.693mm. It is also the narrowest 5.5-inch phone at 74.9mm width.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Watch Video: Gionee S8 Launched In MWC 2016
The phone has a 16MP RWB camera, which the Chinese company says reduces noise and improves low light performance. The fast double focus with laser and PDAF focus is 2.5x faster, as per the company. It will also come with text recognition converting photos into text.
The Gionee version of 3D Touch is very similar to the Apple implementation. Plus there is an Edge Bar feature that lets you select apps by pressing the edges.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P10 processor with 4GB RAM and will have 64GB RAM. The phone is priced Euro 449 and will be available end March.
Disclaimer: The author is in Barcelona on the invite of Qualcomm, which is paying for travel and accommodation.