Freedom 251, India’s cheapest smartphone from little-known Ringing Bells has raised eyebrows across the world with its unbelievable Rs 251 price tag. Now the company has announced that the response has exceeded its expectations and is closing the booking for now.
The company launched Freedom 251 on February 17, and announced that bookings will be held for February 18 to 22 on its website, Freedom251.com. The website got 6 lakh hits per second and crashed. It left many wondering if the website would ever be restored.
Reports have also indicated that Freedom 251 is a mere re-branded version of ‘Made in China’ Adcom Ikon 4 smartphone. The tech community raised flags against the pricing and many tech CEOs thought the device with Indian Flag imprint undermines the whole ‘Make In India’ initiative.
The telecom body DoT has found that the phone with such specs can’t be manufactured for less than Rs 2,300, and thus it is unclear how a company established just five months back is able to sell its smartphone for such a dirt cheap price.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More