Freedom 251, India’s cheapest smartphone from little-known Ringing Bells has raised eyebrows across the world with its unbelievable Rs 251 price tag. Now the company has announced that the response has exceeded its expectations and is closing the booking for now.
The company launched Freedom 251 on February 17, and announced that bookings will be held for February 18 to 22 on its website, Freedom251.com. The website got 6 lakh hits per second and crashed. It left many wondering if the website would ever be restored.
Reports have also indicated that Freedom 251 is a mere re-branded version of ‘Made in China’ Adcom Ikon 4 smartphone. The tech community raised flags against the pricing and many tech CEOs thought the device with Indian Flag imprint undermines the whole ‘Make In India’ initiative.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The telecom body DoT has found that the phone with such specs can’t be manufactured for less than Rs 2,300, and thus it is unclear how a company established just five months back is able to sell its smartphone for such a dirt cheap price.