The 3.5 million customers who log in to Flipkart everyday will now have the choice of picking up a tablet from the e-tailing giant. To counter the 30-odd global names and the budget friendly local brands vying for a cut of the stagnating segment, the Digiflip Pro XT 712 will pack specs that don’t really correspond to its Rs 9,999 price tag.
The seven-inch tablet comes with a metal body and has a thickness of just 9.2mm. This means it will weigh just 285 grams and will be 10 per cent thinner than others tablets in the class.
The 3G dual-SIM tablet will be powered by 1.3 Ghz quad core MediaTek processor with 1GB Ram. The 16 GB internal memory can be expanded by 32 GB using SD cards. The device will run Android Jelly Bean.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The tablet will also come with offers worth Rs 5,000 for those using Flipkart apps to shop on the device. There will be a Bluetooth earpiece free with the tablet as well as a 50 per cent discount on the cover. The company claimed the total benefits will add up to Rs 9,000.
Michael Adnani, vice president retail at Flipkart, said this is not just another tablet. “We see a gap in the market and being a marketplace it was our duty to respond,” he said.
“We are already a destination for tablets and stand by this product completely. I can assure you there is absolutely no risk in buying the device even if you are not touching it before making the decision,” he explained.
Flipkart is offering a one-year warranty in the tablet.