DESIGN: The Mi 3 is quite the looker. It comes with an aluminum-magnesium chassis and has a beautiful face with a 5-inch full-HD display covered in Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Compared with other budget phones with plastic builds, the Mi3 looks like an expensive phone. In sync with the Xiaomi founder’s belief that high-quality technology doesn’t need to cost a fortune, the company designers have paid attention to the details of the construction, which you can see easily from the machined speaker holes to the seamless joining of the plastic but metallic-looking body and glass front. Believe me, once you get your hands on it, you’ll be impressed with the build quality and feel. At 145g, the Mi3 is light in your hand and comfortable to grip.
The speaker holes and the micro-USB port are located at the bottom of the device. On the right side, reside the the conveniently placed power button, with the volume rockers a little higher up. And, at the top are the speaker jack and the SIM-card slot.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
DISPLAY: The Mi 3’s screen comes to life with its 5-inch full HD 1080p IPS display enabling super crisp details and incredible viewing angles. You’ll find the touch-sensitive menu buttons in their usual place below the screen. Packing 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, the Mi 3’s screen is capable of handling full-HD video. I streamed some movie clippings from YouTube and the visual experience was outstanding.
PERFORMANCE: The phone packs a 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 16 GB of on-board storage. In actual usage, the phone is pretty smooth, fast and responsive, and I did not notice any lagging. Its user interface is also stable and the phone didn’t stall on any occasion in my use. Phone calls were crisp and clear, and I had no issues with the phone.
STORAGE: I must mention that the storage space on the Mi 3, like all other smartphone devices, uses some capacity for operating system and system applications. Total storage capacity: 16 GB, available storage capacity: 13.22 GB. In addition, other factors, such as pre-installed systems or other software and media, may be updated and will also use part of the available storage capacity on the drive.
CONNECTIVITY: The Mi 3 packs all you need to connect to any 3G GSM network around the world. It has Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity as well.
SOFTWARE: Its Android-based platform—MIUI—is a live operating system constantly improving with frequent software updates. MIUI is incredibly intuitive and user friendly while offering power users a high degree of customisation. It also makes it easy for you to move apps around, you can do a pinch-out action to show the home screens, flick an app downward to collect them, swipe over to a new screen and move all the collected apps there.
CAMERA: The Xiaomi Mi 3 has a 13-megapixel camera, similar in pixel count to those found in other flagship phones. The image quality is good, and the shutter is rather snappy. You get the standard panorama, HDR, and filters.
BATTERY: There’s a extra large 3050 mAh internal battery too. In my usage, the Mi 3 easily lasted more more than a day of moderate use. The phone also comes with various different power modes, so you can select the battery saving option to stretch the uptime further.
VERDICT: Don’t settle for the same old slab of a smartphone. The Mi 3 is a beautiful, classy device and a top-notch Android phone. The best part is, it doesn’t cost a bomb. Highly recommended!
Display: 5-inch Full HD 1080p IPS display
Processor: 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800AB processor
Operating system: Android 4.4.2 optimised with MIUI version 5
Camera: 13 MP (rear); 2 MP (front)
Storage & memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB Flash memory
Connectivity: 3G/2G, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
Price: Rs 13,999