Polaroid announced the launch of two unlocked smartphones- Polaroid Snap and Polaroid Power– at the ongoing CES 2016 event at Las Vegas. While Polaroid Power will be available for $249.99 (approx. Rs 16,750) in Spring 2016, Polaroid Snap will start retailing next month. Both the smartphones are designed by Southern Telecom, an authorized Polaroid licensee and run on Android Lollipop 5.1.1.
The Polaroid Snap smartphone comes in three models featuring 5, 5.5, and 6-inch HD display and will be available at MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price). The price of the smartphone will vary between $129.99 – $179.99 (approx. Rs. 8,700- 12,000) on the basis of different screen sizes. It is available in pink, blue, black and white colours.
Polaroid Snap phone come with a 13 mp rear camera with a dual LED flash and 5 mp front camera with flash. It runs on a quad-core processor with 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage (expandable via microSD card). The company also lists that there will a 1GB or 8GB RAM version too, but hasn’t specifically mentioned which model will have these storage capacities. It supports 4G LTE.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Polaroid Power unlocked smartphone on the other hand features a 6-inch full HD display (1920 x 1080p). It sports a 13 mp rear camera and an 8 mp front camera. The device is powered by 64-bit octa-core processor coupled with 3GB RAM and 32 GB of in-built storage, expandable via microSD card.
The Polaroid Power is backed by a 3,000mAh battery. The American company, known for its cameras also mentioned that the smartphone will come with an external power bank of 8000mAh battery. It is available in platinum colour. Both the smartphones are upgradable to Android Marshmallow 6.0.