Polaroid announced the launch of two unlocked smartphones- Polaroid Snap and Polaroid Power– at the ongoing CES 2016 event at Las Vegas. While Polaroid Power will be available for $249.99 (approx. Rs 16,750) in Spring 2016, Polaroid Snap will start retailing next month. Both the smartphones are designed by Southern Telecom, an authorized Polaroid licensee and run on Android Lollipop 5.1.1.
The Polaroid Snap smartphone comes in three models featuring 5, 5.5, and 6-inch HD display and will be available at MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price). The price of the smartphone will vary between $129.99 – $179.99 (approx. Rs. 8,700- 12,000) on the basis of different screen sizes. It is available in pink, blue, black and white colours.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Polaroid Snap phone come with a 13 mp rear camera with a dual LED flash and 5 mp front camera with flash. It runs on a quad-core processor with 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage (expandable via microSD card). The company also lists that there will a 1GB or 8GB RAM version too, but hasn’t specifically mentioned which model will have these storage capacities. It supports 4G LTE.
The Polaroid Power unlocked smartphone on the other hand features a 6-inch full HD display (1920 x 1080p). It sports a 13 mp rear camera and an 8 mp front camera. The device is powered by 64-bit octa-core processor coupled with 3GB RAM and 32 GB of in-built storage, expandable via microSD card.
The Polaroid Power is backed by a 3,000mAh battery. The American company, known for its cameras also mentioned that the smartphone will come with an external power bank of 8000mAh battery. It is available in platinum colour. Both the smartphones are upgradable to Android Marshmallow 6.0.