Huawei launched the Mate 8 smartphone globally at CES 2016. The device is available in two versions- 3GB +32GB at 599 euros (approx Rs 42,000) and 4GB + 64GB for 699 euros (approx Rs 50,000). It has been unveiled in 30 countries including Spain, Germany, France, United Arab Emirates and Australia initially.
Huawei Mate 8 features a 6-inch high contrast display. It is the first smartphone to run the Kirin 950 chipset. The device is powered by 4 x A72 2.3 GHz and 4 x A53 1.8 GHz processors. The Mate 8 sports Sony 16 mp IMX298 rear camera and an 8 mp front camera.
“The Mate 8 is the ultimate high-end smartphone. It strikes the perfect balance between high performance and long battery life, enabling people to stay connected and be more productive in every facet of their lives,” said Kevin Ho, President, Handset Business, Huawei Consumer BG.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The smartphone runs on Huawei’s EMUI 4.0, based on Android Marshmallow 6.0 and is backed by 4000mAh battery. It also comes with rapid charging technology, which enables the phone to charge a day’s worth of power in just 30 minutes. Mate 8 features a split-screen mode that enables multitasking between apps.
Mate 8 offers a circular fingerprint sensor at the back. It maintains two sets of fingerprint interface standards-the Fast Identity Online (FIDO) and Android M standards- for smartphone payment. The phone also offers a microSD card lock, which prevents others from accessing the data on it.
Additionally, it supports “Super Hands-Free 3.0” technology, which allows users to talk on the phone from up to 3 meters away. The dual-SIM phone is available in champagne gold, moonlight silver, space gray and mocha brown colours.