Fresh from the success of the Vibe X2, Lenovo has tied up Flipkart to launch the A6000, a Qualcomm Snapdragon-based affordable 4G LTE smartphone. While the India price has not yet been anounced, the $169 phone is expected to come to India by the end of January at under Rs 10,000. But considering that the phone will take on the Xiaomi Redmi Note and the Yureka Yu, we wouldn’t be surprised if the final price is under Rs 8,000.
The A6000 will be powered by the 1.2GHz 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and will have a 5-inch HD IPS display. There will be 8GB internal memory and 1GB RAM and a 2300 mAh battery. The rear camera is 8MP, while the 2MP fixed focus front camera. It runs Android 4.4 Kitkat. The final specifications of the Indian version could be a bit different.
Colin Giles, Lenovo’s senior vice president for worldwide sales, said the value proposition of the phone will make it a good buy for India.
“We think the Indian buyers will want to future-proof themselves for when 4G services become more widespread in country. Buying a smartphone is a big decision involving a sizeable portion of their disposable income and the wouldn’t want to take a chance,” he told IndianExpress.com. Asked about the India price, Michael Adnani of Flipkart just said: “You will love it.”
‘India will get both Motorola and Lenovo products’
Lenovo, which recently completed its acquisition of Motorola, will continue to offer products under both the brands in India. Colin Giles, Lenovo’s senior vice president for worldwide sales who has a similar role in Motorola, said the strategy might differ in other countries, “but we will definitely have both the brands in India.” This strategy was a testament of the stupendous success of the Motorola brand in the country following its return last year.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
1.2 GHz 64 -bit Qualcomm Snadragon 410 CPU
5-inch 720p HD IPS display
Android 4.4 KitKat OS
8GB internal storage (32GB expandable)
8MP A/F rear camera with LED flash
2MP front camera
Dual SIM (micro) supports 4G
2300 mAh battery