Apple’s iPhone SE, the new 4-inch screen smartphone from the company expected to launch in March 21 week, will come with a bigger camera, says a new report by KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
Kuo’s note, details of which have been shared by MacRumors says that the new Apple iPhone will have a 12 megapixel camera, not an eight megapixel camera as first reported, and that it will be priced between $400-$500 to push sales in China and India.
The note also states that the new iPhone SE could have slightly curved 2.5D glass display like the iPhone 6 and a bigger battery. If the new iPhone SE is indeed priced at $400-500, it would come in the Rs 27,000 to Rs 34,000 price-bracket.
MacRumors report also notes that “KGI Securities expects total 4-inch iPhone shipments to grow 131% year-over-year to 37 million units in 2016,” thanks to the new iPhone SE.
Apple’s iPhone has seen a boost in sales and revenue in India as the company reported in the last quarter. In Q1 of 2016, Apple reported that iPhone sales were up 76 per cent in India, while CEO Tim Cook said that the company plans to invest in India for a long term.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
If Apple does price the new iPhone under the Rs 35,000 range, it could mean a boost in sales in India, given that price is a crucial variable in driving up sales in India. With Apple’s iPhone 6 series, the price range was Rs 50,000 plus. The latest iPhone 6s incidentally started at Rs 62,000 in India going up all the way to Rs 92,000.
So yes, technically if the iPhone SE comes at a price of Rs 35,000, that would make it a ‘cheap’ iPhone. We’ll have to wait and see what Apple reveals at the event.