Apple has announced an all new iPhone which looks just like iPhone 5 announced in 2012. The smartphone merges the design of iPhone 5 with the hardware prowess of latest iPhone 6s.
In Apple’s own words, iPhone SE (which drops number from naming for the first time) is for those who are looking for a powerful iPhone in a smaller form factor. With iPhone SE’s introduction, Apple now offers iPhone in three screen sizes – 4-inch, 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch – they all have their own merits and demerits.
So now that there are iPhones available in three different form factors – it is wise enough to compare them. In the chart below, we have pitted iPhone SE up against iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Here’s a quick look at the top stand-out points of the three Apple smartphones
Apple iPhone SE: Apple iPhone SE is the smallest iPhone in Cupertino-based company’s smartphone lineup. Just like how you don’t judge a book by its cover, iPhone SE can’t be judged by its sheer size. Apple has made sure to pack in a lot of hardware prowess into its small footprint.
Apple iPhone SE has the same innards like its elder sibling, iPhone 6s. The smartphone gets a 4-inch Retina display with a pixel density of 326ppi. It is powered by Apple A9 chipset which is arguably the fastest in single core benchmarking tests.
Apple has also added the well-accepted camera from iPhone 6s. The front snapper is now 12-megapixel one with f/2.2 aperture and it is undoubtedly one of the quickest shooter on a smartphone right now. Apple has also added the brilliant 5MP selfie shooter that turns its display into flash in dimly lit conditions.
Apple iPhone SE which is the first in the series to not have a number in its name is basically a shrunken version of iPhone 6s and it is pitched at people who longed for a smaller yet powerful iPhone. For the record, Sony has always had the concept of a flagship phone and a compact version of that with a similar specification.
Apple iPhone SE will appeal to all those who have tiny hands or prefer a smaller and comfortable device over giant phablets.
Apple iPhone 6s: The comparison with the Apple iPhone 6s is inevitable; because iPhone SE basically borrows everything from this phone including those chamfered edges.
The Apple iPhone 6s which was launched at Rs 62,000 is now retailing close to Rs 43,699 online for the 16GB version while the 64GB is available for Rs 53,999. Apple iPhone 6s and 6s Plus would stay arguably the most powerful iPhones launched to date and they proved specs don’t always mean performance.
Apple iPhone 6: Sure the device may be more than a year old but it is still an incredible proposition from a value perspective. Apple iPhone 6 is powered by A8 chip and starts at Rs 34,499. The smartphone has a 4.7-inch Retina display, a resolution that was retained for iPhone 6s too.
Apple iPhone 6 may not have a camera as stellar as the one on iPhone 6s or iPhone SE but it sure won’t disappoint cell shutterbugs. For the selfie obsessed, it is definitely a hard buy considering the 1.2MP facetime camera is far inferior to the 5MP facetime camera on 6s and SE.
Apple iPhone 6’s USP even today has to be its ability to get latest iOS 9.3 update which fixes the stability issues and ensures smooth functioning.