Apple iPhone 6s was launched in India at an exbortiant price of Rs 62,000 for the 4.7-inch version, while the bigger screen iPhone 6s Plus started at Rs 72,000. But as the year comes to an end, Apple’s latest iPhones have gotten a price-cut along with the older models.
So if you’re looking to buy an iPhone for 2015, this appears to be a good time thanks to a number of deals online. But which one should you go for: iPhone 6s or iPhone 6 or the cheapest iPhone 5s? We break it down for you based on online deals.
Infibeam, the official Apple premium re-seller for online space, is only offering a price-cut on the iPhone 6s 16GB now priced at Rs 51,999 on the site. But other online retailers are offering bigger discounts on iPhone 6s, especially 16GB and 64GB versions. The 128GB version still costs more than Rs 70,000 on most e-commerce sites.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal, iPhone 6s (16GB) is available between Rs 48,499 – Rs 49,999. Even though this sounds tempting, we suggest you go for a version with more storage space. Thanks to the LivePhotos, 4K video feature, you will run out of this space very quickly.
Also read: Apple iPhone 6s Plus review: Mr Dependable
iPhone 6s 64GB is priced between Rs 61,999- Rs 64,999 across the three sites. Sure the phone’s price is on the higher side, some sites are offering a 50 per cent cashback offer should you wish to upgrade next year. If you treat your iPhone well, then you might just be able to sell it for a decent price, next year.
If you want the bigger iPhone 6s Plus, it starts from Rs 61,999 going up to Rs 66,255. The iPhone 6s Plus with 64GB space costs more than Rs 70,000, while the 128GB version still remains in the price-range of Rs 80,000 and above.
Given the pricing scenario, iPhone 6s with 64GB makes the most sense. The difference between this and iPhone 6s Plus is screen size and OIS feature in the camera of the Plus series. In terms of performance and camera, the phones are evenly matched.
However if your budget is strictly at Rs 50,000 or under, and you don’t care for 3D Touch, you can try out the iPhone 6 as well.
Apple iPhone 6 features an 8 megapixel rear camera, but don’t let that number disappoint you. It’s still a great camera, and has a bigger pixel sensor size (1.5µ pixels) than the iPhone 6s series (1.22µ pixels). However iPhone 6 has selfie camera at 1.2 megapixels, so if you’re a selfie addict this feature might leave you disappointed.
Based on the pricing across e-commerce sites, you will be spending more than Rs 50,000 for the year-old device if you want at least 64GB space.
On Infibeam, the iPhone 6 (16GB) is priced at Rs 40,496, while the 64GB version costs Rs 53,105. Amazon is offering iPhone 6 (64GB) for Rs 49,199, while the 128GB version is available at Rs 59,348. This is one of the best deals on the iPhone 6, we’d say.
iPhone 6 Plus is starting at Rs 52,689 on Amazon while the 64GB is available for Rs 67,770.
On Flipkart, iPhone 6 (16GB) is even cheaper starting at Rs 39,499; so yes you can bag one for less than Rs 40,000 if you’re willing to sacrifice space. iPhone 6 (64GB) costs Rs 52,730 on Flipkart, while the 128GB version is priced at Rs 59,343. iPhone 6 Plus starts at Rs 52,840 (16GB ) on Flipkart going up to Rs 66,000 and more for 64GB. If you want 128GB storage, the pricing is above Rs 72,000.
Also see: Apple iPhone 5s price-drop: Is it worth a buy?
Once again, more screen space and storage means a higher price. If you’re not too keen on phablets, then the iPhone 6 is the better pick of the two.
Apple iPhone 5s is now starting at Rs 21,899 on Infibeam. iPhone 5s has a 4-inch Retina HD display, an eight megapixel rear camera, a 1.2 megapixel front camera and supports Touch ID fingerprint scanner.
If you’re planning to upgrade once iPhone 7 comes, and don’t have more than Rs 20,000 for a new iPhone, then go with this. Its camera is great, the device is compact and should not given any performance issues. However there’s a chance that your iPhone 5s will slow down once you upgrade to the latest OS. Also some of newer features will be restricted to iPhone 6 series and above.
With the iPhone series, battery is a constant pain point for many users. So far in our usage, the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus have lasted more than day easily, with moderate to heavy usage. However if you want a longer battery life, and can’t afford the iPhone 6s Plus go with the bigger iPhone 6 Plus.