Apple is set to launch a 9.7-inch iPad Pro along with the 4-inch iPhone SE on March 21. According to 9to5Mac, the rumoured 9.7-inch iPad Pro will start at $599 which will be a first for 9.7-inch iPad.
Apple’s 9.7-inch iPads have always started at $499 since their introduction way back in 2010. With 9.7-inch iPad Pro, Apple is simply shrinking the display size of its giant 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
The $599 price tag is for the base iPad Pro model which will come with 32GB storage. Apple is ditching 16GB storage option and the range will top out with 128GB storage. The base model in question will only get Wi-Fi while cellular model could set you back by another 100 dollars.
Apple is reportedly redesigning the magnetic keyboard dock for its 9.7-inch iPad Pro and also it will come standard with Apple Pencil support. Apple iPad Pro is a great tool for creative workers and designers but its huge and priced extremely high. The next 9.7-inch iPad Pro might make sense to such users.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The 9to5Mac report further confirms that Apple won’t be updating its iPad Air or iPad Mini lineup on March 21. Also the Cupertino-based company seems to be in no mood to drop the price of iPad Air 2. The report notes that the original iPad Air might get discontinued.
For those interested in specs, Apple’s 9.7-inch iPad Pro will be powered by Apple A9X chipset and feature 4GB RAM. It will start with 32GB storage and will go all the way up to 128GB.
With the design remaining similar to larger iPad Pro, the 9.7-inch version will also get four stereo speakers. The display resolution is the only puzzle yet to break.
With iPad Pro, Apple showed what a powerful iPad is capable of and with 9.7-inch version, the company would like to put it in the hands of more people.