WeChat, which already comes preloaded on the recently launched Nokia X, will now be available in the Nokia X+, and Nokia XL, the other phones in the new family launched by the Finnish phonemaker.
“We are thrilled to bring WeChat to the Nokia X smartphone family. We continually aim to bring people the best smartphone experience with our innovative hardware and software, and WeChat is a perfect addition to help people stay connected and share more joy with friends,” said Bryan Biniak, Global Vice President and General Manager, Developer Experience, Nokia.
Dennis Hau, Head of Product Center, International Business Group of Tencent, which owns Wechat, said the partnership will offer an enhanced user experience with “our exciting innovative features paired with the outstanding functionality of Nokia phones”.
Nokia X phones will have all of WeChat’s features, including “People Nearby,” “Shake” and “Draft Bottle,” and free stickers ready for Nokia users to enjoy.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
WeChat claims to be the fastest growing social media platform with a 379 per cent increase in users during the period of Q2 to Q4 2013, topping the GlobalWebIndex’s Q4 2013 report in terms of growth.