This was a year in which smartphones started becoming cheaper, more powerful and were finally able to add the battery power that users wanted. While the focus was all on smartphones, the gadget everyone is interested in, in the first IndianExpress.com tech awards we will also look back at the other gadgets that impressed us. For now, here’s our list of top smartphones for 2015.
Watch Video: Best Smartphones Of 2015: Indian Express Tech Awards
Best smartphone: Apple iPhone 6s Plus
Why: Because the 3D touch on the phone takes it to a new level opening endless possibilities for apps in future. Also, there is no better smartphone camera out there thanks to the optical image stabilisation on the 6s Plus. And, yes this is a battery you can depend on.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Runner-up: Nexus 5X
Why: After the recent price cut, the Google Nexus 5X is the best choice in the Rs 25,000 range. The Nexus 5X delivers on every aspect and the latest Android version makes it a sweeter deal.
Best Android Phone: Galaxy Note 5
Why: The most productive of all Android phones has got better, thanks to the new slimmer design. There is no other Android phone that lets you do more thanks to the superb stylus and multitasking features.
Runner-up: Moto X Style
Why: It blends the DNA of previous Moto X smartphones with flagship specs at a price that makes it a great buy.
Best mid range phone: Moto X Play
Why: Motorola has worked its traditional Moto X magic again in the mid range segment with its Moto X Play. This smartphone is a beast for its price and comes with waterproofing and a large battery.
Runner-up: Lenovo Vibe P1
Why: The battery on this phone is what every smartphone user wants. Finally, the biggest painpoint has a panacea and that too without adding on the size or weight, we have come to associate with larger batteries.
Best budget phone: Moto G3
Why: The new Moto G redefines the budget benchmark. This is the cheapest waterproof device and will please anyone with its simplicity and user experience.
Runner-up: Lenovo K3 Note
Why: It has a camera and display that is arguably the best in the price range. It pairs decent processing power with day long battery life to gain this honour.
Best entry level phone: Redmi 2 Prime
Why: This is Xiaomi’s first made in India device and is an improved version of its Redmi 2. This smartphone continues to dominate the entry level segment with its features and performance.
Runner-up: Coolpad Dazen 1
Why: Dark horse Coolpad surprised us with its Dazen 1. It has everything to make it a great affordable smartphone. For price conscious buyers, the Dazen 1 offers a lot of value.
Google Nexus Huawei 6P: If you want a phone with a great camera and a dependable battery life, don’t look further than the Nexus 6P. For low-light, the camera gives some stunning shots and the 5.7-inch 2K display really makes everything else stand out.
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+: Adding an edge to the smartphone might have seen like a gimmick initially, but with this phone Samsung made this edge functional.