Apple’s latest iOS 10.1 update has brought the Portrait Mode to the iPhone 7 Plus camera. Apple iPhone 7 Plus comes with a dual lens set-up; one is telephoto lens and the other is a wide-angle lens. Apple’s rear camera is promising DSLR-style portraits with a ‘Bokeh’ effect to make the object come more sharply in focus, while the rest of the background is blurred.
Apple had shown the Portrait mode during the iPhone 7 launch, but said the public version of this would be rolled out later. So far people on the developer and public beta of iOS 10 have been testing this mode. Interestingly Apple’s own announcement still adds the word ‘beta’ next to the Portrait mode. Apple claims the new Portrait mode will let users “Shoot Like a Pro with New Depth-of-Field Effect (Beta)”. Just like Photo, Video, Square, Panorama are modes in the iPhone camera app, now there’s a new Portrait mode.
When you go in this mode, you can focus on one object like a person in the distance, and then take a shot. The Portrait mode creates a shallow depth of field to make the person more in focus, while the background is blurred.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to Apple, both the 12-megapixel cameras are used in the Portrait mode, and the iPhone 7 Plus also relies on machine learning to create this depth-of-field effect. Of course, Apple’s iPhone 7 is not the only smartphone camera capable of creating this effect. The HUawei P9 and Honor 8 have a dedicated sensor to create a similar effect on photos.
Apple’s iPhone 7 Plus has two 12-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization and ƒ/1.8 aperture and a new 6-element lens. Apple’s iPhone 7 Plus also offers optical zoom at 2X and and 10X digital zoom for photos. Apple says the Portrait mode is still in beta and users should expect more enhancements in future iOS updates.
In India, the Apple iPhone 7 starts at 60,000, while Apple iPhone 7 Plus starts at Rs 72,000 going up all the way to Rs 92,000. Apple iPhone 7 Plus has a 5.5-inch LCD IPS display with wide colour-gamut, a quad-core A10 Fusion chip, 3GB RAM, and 2990 mAh battery. It comes in 32, 128 and 256 GB storage options. Apple iPhone 7 series has a 7MP front camera.
We’ll soon have a test on the Apple iPhone 7 Plus camera’s portrait mode as well as comparison with other phones, which offer something similar.