Xiaomi has expanded its product offerings to the US market with the launch of its 4K enabled Mi TV box. Xiaomi Mi Box is the first device from the Chinese company developed in collaboration with Google.
Xiaomi Mi Box is a 4K ultra HD streaming media player developed in collaboration with Google. Xiaomi Mi Box offers 4K support at 60 frames per second and even supports latest HDR10 standard. Since Xiaomi Mi Box is based on Android TV platform, there is also support for Google voice search and Google Cast.
Watch all our tech videos below
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“We are thrilled to bring Mi Box to our fans in the U.S. in collaboration with Google. This is a significant milestone for Xiaomi, as it is our first opportunity to demonstrate to consumers here in America the power of what makes Xiaomi extraordinary: our promise of innovation for everyone. We believe everyone is entitled to benefit from technological breakthroughs, and Mi Box is a reflection of that belief: an incredible entertainment experience at an unprecedented price of $69, less than the cost of a single night out for two,” said Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi Global.
Xiaomi Mi Box is powered by a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU coupled with Mali 450 GPU. There is 2GB RAM, 8GB flash storage and uses Microsoft’s hardware based DRM technology for rich viewing experience. Xiaomi says the system protects 4K and HDR content and delivers smoother 4K video content.
Xiaomi, which has been selling its products primarily in the Asian markets, is now expanding the offering to the US market. The company is also likely to debut its smartphones in the US as well.
Xiaomi Mi Box comes with support for Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Pandora, VUDU, Pluto TV and Red Bull TV. The 4K Android TV player also supports live TV channels including ESPN, CNN and Disney without a cable connection. Xiaomi Mi Box will be available on Mi.com and in Walmart stores at $69.