Tag Heuer CEO Jean-Claude Biver said his company has been building mechanical watches for 155 years but knew little about building an Internet-connected device that younger buyers would want. So it partnered with Intel and Google in what he calls the “marriage of Watch Valley and Silicon Valley.”
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
Various manufacturers have made watches using Google’s Android Wear system but they typically look more like mini computers on the wrist rather than a traditional watch.
- Titan Juxt Pro review: There is nothing smart about this watch
- Smartwatch sales decline 32 per cent as Apple Watch stumbles: IDC
- Fossil acquires wearables company Misfit for $260 million
- Smartwatches compared: How Samsung, Motorola and Apple Watch stack up
- LG Watch Urbane Express Review: It is still not time
- Cameron Diaz to be the new face of Tag Heuer
Luxury comes with a price: Tag Heuer Connected starts selling in the US on Monday for $1,500. By contrast, the cheapest Android Wear watch costs $129. Sales in Japan begin next week and in other countries in Europe and Asia by the end of November. Apple Watch has a luxury edition, with a case made of gold, for $10,000 to $17,000. The regular Apple Watch starts at $349.
The Tag Heuer Connected adopted the company’s Carrera Calibre mechanical design and uses premium materials, including titanium lugs and a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal screen. Straps come in a choice of seven colours.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich said Tag Heuer showed his engineers the design elements desired and worked with Google to tweak the Android Wear software for it.
“Our teams have brought what they are uniquely good at and have fused together something that is bigger than the sum of its parts,” said David Singleton, a vice president of engineering at Google.