I am not a big fan of gaming. But I am not dumb enough to let go of an opportunity to review a new gaming headset, and that too from Sennheiser. The Sennheiser G4ME ZERO has just been launched in India and it is trying to attract high-end gamers who would go to any extent to improve their chances of winning.
Design and comfort: The G4ME ZERO won’t go with your Alienware. No, its all-white body will stand out like R2-D2 on a black granite floor. But this is just the kind of equipment you need to score high if you own an Alienware or any other gaming rig you own. The white is stylish with a chromish red line on the ear cups. The headband is black, but the mic is white and again reminded me of Star Wars, in a very good way. This headset does not have Alcantra, like the Momentum headphones from Sennheiser. But the thick leatherette and dual-layered memory foam is good enough. And for a change this headset does not heat up when you have it on for long hours, trying to get to stages you have only read about. The headband too is soft enough not to irritate you. The cable is fabric covered and long enough for you to relax on a gaming chair away from the screen.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Audio quality: No, you won’t buy this to hear A R Rahman or Jagjit Singh. But you won’t be disappointed if you choose to. The audio quality is what you have come to expect from Sennheiser. It is clear and noiseless. The earcups keep out most noise, in fact all noise. Your gaming will not be disturbed by your mother’s weekend soap reruns or the constant honking on the highway outside. It is just you, your target and your teammates. That is where this headset really comes into its own. You will hear the minutest commands and instructions, which might be crucial for the game. Also, you can even whisper to your teammate and rest assured that the other side will hear everything. We tested the mic online and every single sound in the room was going through, even the murmur of the fan. But the noise cancellation kicks in when you start speaking, cutting off all other background sounds.
Should you buy it? If you are a gamer who likes to buy the best equipment to win all your conquests, then yes this is the headset for you. For part-time gamers, this might be a bit too much,especially given the price tag of Rs 24,990. But you can make this value for money by using the headset for your regular music needs and for gaming when needed. But don’t think of wearing this headset in the metro, not with the headset sticking out. Sennheiser could think about making that detachable. That will make the G4ME ZERO a real gamechanger.