Samsung Electronics has announced that it will begin mass producing the industry’s first 4 GB DRAM package based on the second-generation High Bandwidth Memory (HBM2) interface.
The 4GB DRAM package is based on the second-generation HBM (HBM2) interface, which can transmit data at a speed more than seven times the current DRAM performance limit.
The new RAM is meant for use in high performance computing (HPC), advanced graphics and network systems, as well as enterprise servers.
“By mass producing next-generation HBM2 DRAM, we can contribute much more to the rapid adoption of next-generation HPC systems by global IT companies,” said Sewon Chun, senior vice president, Memory Marketing, Samsung Electronics in a statement.
Samsung says that the newly introduced 4GB HBM2 DRAM based on the company’s 20-nanometer process and features 256GBps of bandwidth, which is double that of a HBM1 DRAM package. Samsung also says that its new RAM is more power efficient than previous versions.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Samsung also plans to start producing an 8GB HBM2 DRAM package within this year as well.