The writing is on the wall for large music systems and speaker sets. Actually, the pitch has been queering for this ubiquitous technology of the last many decades thanks to the mobile phone and its universe of accessories. For a couple of years now Bluetooth headphones have become the primary loudspeaker in many homes around the world. Of late, the price of these small and large audio devices has been coming down. We are now entering an interesting era with these small little devices, as they try to connect between each other to enhance your audio experience manifold.
I was a bit apprehensive trying out the HDMX Jam Plus, as I was not all that impressed by the audio quality of the HDMX Jam Party when I tested it out last year. But like all of HDMX’s devices, this one too is a design classic. It actually looks a bit like a jam jar and actually comes packed in a jar.
The base and top have a rubberised finish. All functional buttons are in front and the lights behind it tell you when the device is pairing or when the battery is draining. A very functional design that shows how simple design can be very effective.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
But the really interesting feature here is the fact is that two of these Jam Plus units can pair between themselves to become a stereo system of sorts. This doesn’t mean you need to buy two pieces at all times. The Jam Plus works alone too as any Bluetooth speaker. If you have just one speaker, then you need to switch the button at the base to Mono.
To play two speakers in tandem one of the devices need to set to Left and the other to Right. Switch on the speakers one after the other and they will pair within a few minutes. After this, when you search for devices to pair with from a phone, tablet or laptop, it will appear as a single device under the name Jam 2. Quite simple.
A single Jam Plus is good enough for listening to music in a small room or for amplifying the what is running on any smart device. The audio quality is pretty decent and does not jarr at high volumes like some other speakers of this device. When two of them are playing together, obviously you have better sound. But I could not make out left-right splits when the files being played clearly had it. But overall the experience was enjoyable.
I would not suggest that you buy both these devices to run as a stereo system, there are other devices that do this very well like the Portronics PureSound Pro which we reviewed recently. But if you need to buy multiple Bluetooth speakers, then opt for these as then it gives you the added advantage of running a stereo set up when needed.
Rs 3,990 per piece