The writing is on the wall for large music systems and speaker sets. Actually, the pitch has been queering for this ubiquitous technology of the last many decades thanks to the mobile phone and its universe of accessories. For a couple of years now Bluetooth headphones have become the primary loudspeaker in many homes around the world. Of late, the price of these small and large audio devices has been coming down. We are now entering an interesting era with these small little devices, as they try to connect between each other to enhance your audio experience manifold.
I was a bit apprehensive trying out the HDMX Jam Plus, as I was not all that impressed by the audio quality of the HDMX Jam Party when I tested it out last year. But like all of HDMX’s devices, this one too is a design classic. It actually looks a bit like a jam jar and actually comes packed in a jar.
The base and top have a rubberised finish. All functional buttons are in front and the lights behind it tell you when the device is pairing or when the battery is draining. A very functional design that shows how simple design can be very effective.
But the really interesting feature here is the fact is that two of these Jam Plus units can pair between themselves to become a stereo system of sorts. This doesn’t mean you need to buy two pieces at all times. The Jam Plus works alone too as any Bluetooth speaker. If you have just one speaker, then you need to switch the button at the base to Mono.
To play two speakers in tandem one of the devices need to set to Left and the other to Right. Switch on the speakers one after the other and they will pair within a few minutes. After this, when you search for devices to pair with from a phone, tablet or laptop, it will appear as a single device under the name Jam 2. Quite simple.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
A single Jam Plus is good enough for listening to music in a small room or for amplifying the what is running on any smart device. The audio quality is pretty decent and does not jarr at high volumes like some other speakers of this device. When two of them are playing together, obviously you have better sound. But I could not make out left-right splits when the files being played clearly had it. But overall the experience was enjoyable.
I would not suggest that you buy both these devices to run as a stereo system, there are other devices that do this very well like the Portronics PureSound Pro which we reviewed recently. But if you need to buy multiple Bluetooth speakers, then opt for these as then it gives you the added advantage of running a stereo set up when needed.
Rs 3,990 per piece