Raspberry Pi 3 is now out, exactly four years after the original 256MB Raspberry Pi Model B was launched 29 February 2012.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation, which is behind the tiny, affordable computer says it has shipped over eight million units, including three million units of Raspberry Pi 2, and called it the ‘all-time best-selling computer’ in the UK. The foundation now has sixty full-time employees.
The new Raspberry Pi 3 has the following new features:
1) A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
2) Integrated 802.11n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1
It is also completely compatible with Raspberry Pi 1 and 2
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Raspberry Pi 3 gets a new SoC from Broadcom, BCM2837, which has the same same basic architecture as its predecessors BCM2835 and BCM2836, ensuring that projects and tutorials which rely on the precise details of the Raspberry Pi hardware will continue to work.
Raspberry says the new processor has a 33 per cent increase in clock speed with various architectural enhancements.
Raspberry is not discontinuing earlier models, but says that they will build the older versions as long as there’s demand.
Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ and Raspberry Pi 2 Model B will continue to sell for $25 and $35 respectively. Model A+ will be the $20 entry-level Raspberry Pi.