At the annual 4G/5G summit being held in Hong Kong, Qualcomm has announced its latest modem chipset, Snapdragon X50 5G modem. With Snapdragon X50, Qualcomm becomes the first company to announce a commercial 5G modem chipset solution. The new 5G modem is designed to support OEMs building the next generation cellular devices.
Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 5G modem will initially support operation in the millimeter wave (mmWave) spectrum in the 28GHz band. The modem will use multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) antenna technology for better antenna reception along with support for adaptive beamforming and beam tracking techniques. Qualcomm is promising robust and sustained mobile broadband communications with its latest processor. In a press release, Qualcomm is promising peak download speeds of 5 gigabits per second with the 800 MHz bandwidth support.
With most developed markets having already upgraded to 4G LTE, Qualcomm is making a big push towards 5G mobile broadband. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X50 is designed for multi-mode 4G/5G mobile broadband as well as fixed wireless broadband. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X50 5G modem can be paried with any Snapdragon processor having integrated Gigabit LTE modem.
“The Snapdragon X50 5G modem heralds the arrival of 5G as operators and OEMs reach the cellular network and device testing phase,” said Cristiano Amon, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and president, QCT. “Utilizing our long history of LTE and Wi-Fi leadership, we are thrilled to deliver a product that will help play a critical role in bringing 5G devices and networks to reality. This shows that we’re not just talking about 5G, we’re truly committed to it.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Snapdragon X50 5G platform will include the modem, the SDR051 mmWave transceivers, and the supporting PMX50 power management chip. For consumers, Qualcomm says the enhanced mobile broadband supported by 5G will provide immediacy in mobile broadband access along improved media generation and consumption.