Qualcomm has announced its latest processors in the Snapdragon 600 and Snapdragon 400 series. Qualcomm has announced the launch of Snapdragon 653, Snapdragon 626 and Snapdragon 427 processors at company’s annual summit in Hong Kong. Qualcomm says smartphones powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 and Snapdragon 626 should be hitting the market by the end of 2016 while Snapdragon 427 chipset based smartphones will be seen on devices in early 2017.
Qualcomm’s newest Snapdragon 600 and Snapdragon 400 series processors bring improvements to processing performance and support for QuickCharge 3.0 and dual rear camera support as well. The processors also add support for X9 LTE modem with Cat 7 downlink speeds up to 300Mbps and Cat 13 uplink speeds up to 150Mbps.
The processors bring 50 per cent increase in uplink speed in comparison to X8 LTE modem. There is also support for LTE Advanced carrier aggregation with up to 2×20 MHz in the downlink and uplink. Qualcomm is also promising superior clarity and reliability with calls. Qualcomm says Snapdragon 600-tier chipsets have seen more than 400 OEM designs with more than 300 devices launched and more than 100 device designs currently in the pipeline.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“It has always been Qualcomm Technologies’ strategy to introduce industry-leading features first at the premium Snapdragon 800 tier design point, and then scale these features into our other Snapdragon products,” said Alex Katouzian, senior vice president of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “A great example of this strategy is the use of dual camera for capturing high quality photos that now range across our portfolio, including our 400 series mobile solution. Doing this allows our customers and smartphone developers to reach a broad subscriber base with advanced features and great end-user experiences.”
Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 is the successor to Snapdragon 652 with updates to CPU and GPU performance. The processor doubles the RAM from 4GB to 8GB and it is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 650 and 652.
Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 626 brings CPU performance improvement to Snapdragon 625. The newly announced processor also features Qualcomm TruSignal antenna boost for improved signal reception. The Snapdragon 626 is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 625 while the processor is also software compatible with Snapdragon 425, 427, 430, and 435 processors.
The latest processor in the Snapdragon 400-tier, Qualcomm Snapdragon 427 brings CPU and GPU performance increase over the Snapdragon 425. The chipset is the first in the Snapdragon 400 series to support TruSignal for powerful antenna performance. The processor is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 425, 430 and 435, and software compatible with Snapdragon 625 and 626.