Oculus, the virtual reality company owned by Facebook Inc, said the Rift, its much-awaited virtual reality headset, was priced at $599.
The Rift will initially be shipped from March 28 to 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Japan, the UK and the United States, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
However, the Oculus shopping cart displayed May as the expected shipping month.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Rift will also be available in limited locations at select retailers starting in April, according to the blog post.
The Rift box will include the headset with built-in headphones and mic, sensor, an Xbox One controller and an Oculus Remote, a new input device that helps users navigate through the Oculus store or explore video content.
The company also said that bundles that include an Oculus Ready PC and a Rift would be available for preorder in February starting at $1,499.
Oculus Chief Executive Brendan Iribe said in May that the Rift and the computer needed to run it were expected to cost around $1,500.
“More than 100 virtual reality games and other experiences are coming this year,” Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg said in a post on the social networking site. (http://on.fb.me/1mGlPUO)
Oculus said on Monday that the Rift, which comes bundled with the games “Lucky’s Tale” and “EVE: Valkyrie”, could be preordered from Wednesday.