A tiny new hearing aid that is controlled by a smartphone app has been developed, eliminating the need for wearers to carry a pendant-like device.
Hearing aid wearers need to carry a cumbersome pendant or other wireless device to change settings on their hearing aid, but the new app allows users to make those changes directly on the smartphone. Wearers control the hearing aid with the app which can programme specific settings.
The ReSound Smart app allows users to adjust everything from the volume to the bass and tremble in each ear on the app. The ReSound LiNX hearing aids can also be used to stream music, listen to GPS directions and talk on the phone through Bluetooth.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
There is also a ‘Find My Hearing Aid’ feature that helps the user locate their device if it has been misplaced. The batteries on the hearing aid will last about five days, ‘New York Daily News’ reported.
Small devices are great for hearing-impaired people who are worried about being seen wearing hearing aids, according to Danish company GN ReSound which developed the ReSound LiNX hearing aid. Everyone is constantly checking their phones, so the people you are with don’t have to know you’re really adjusting your hearing aid instead of checking your email, the company said.