Microsoft is hosting its Windows 10 event later this evening in New York. As it has become a tradition, Microsoft’s Surface Chief Panos Panay will take stage to unveil the latest from the Surface team. But if the invite is anything to go by – Microsoft wants to rather talk about Windows 10 – which technically includes everything from Surface, Xbox to HoloLens. Last year, Microsoft thrilled the world with its Surface Book laptop that also had a detachable touchscreen display. This time around that wow moment could originate with the unveiling of Surface all-in-one device.
Microsoft’s ‘Imagine what you’ll do’ event starts at 7.30 PM IST and it is likely to be a packed event with updates on Windows 10, new Surface all-in-one PC, 3D interface, HoloLens, Cortana, etc. Here is everything you can expect to see at Microsoft Event today:
Microsoft’s invite reads “We’re excited to demonstrate the new capabilities of Windows10” clearly suggesting the event will be based around Windows 10 and not Windows hardware like in the past. Microsoft has already confirmed that it will announce two major updates to Windows 10 every year along with minor updates in the interim. The first major update is expected to arrive sometime in March and today could be a curtain raiser on those updates.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Microsoft Windows 10 updates are not a closely guarded secret and the Redmond based software major has released the updates to Insiders first before making it public. The new update is likely to be centered around touchpad gestures with option to fully control and customise gestures on a trackpad. Microsoft is also reportedly working to introduce a blue light filter in Windows 10, which will allow users to reduce blue light.
Today’s big reveal will be the Surface branded all-in-one PC, a device that will directly compete with Apple’s iMac. With desktop PCs getting neglected by consumers, Microsoft could bring some refreshed design to the table.
According to The Verge, Microsoft’s Surface PC will feature a hinge (true to Surface brand) that will allow the display to lay flat. The display will be a 24 or 27-inch one, which will resemble the 84-inch Surface Hub when laid flat. Microsoft could bring unique software experience to the platform similar to tablet mode and inking feature. One thing is for sure – there will be great deal of emphasis on Surface Pen and touch support.
Microsoft has already confirmed that it is discontinuing Microsoft Band in order to concentrate on Health software, a step in the right direction. At today’s event, Microsoft is not likely to announce updates to Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book but the focus will stay on Surface PC.