MediaTek has announced two new SoCs targeted at healthcare and fitness device makers. The two new SoCs – MT2511 and MT2523 – are targeted towards emerging health, fitness and wearables market. MediaTek says end products powered by MT2511 and MT2523 will be available in Indian market by early 2017. MediaTek’s new SoCs deliver on needs of a top range fitness tracking device.
The new MediaTek MT2511 is the first chip from the semiconductor manufacturer to feature bio-sensing analog front-end (AFE) chip. MediaTek MT2523 is designed for active and fitness smartwatches. The new chip is the first with system-in-package (SiP) to offer GPS, dual-mode Bluetooth Low Energy and a MIPI-supported high resolution mobile screen.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“MediaTek has always focused on combining power with efficiency and we are leading the charge in bringing this know-how to IoT products in India,” says Mr. Kuldeep Malik, Country Head – Corporate Sales International, MediaTek India. “With the MT2523 and MT2511 SoCs, MediaTek aims to broaden the scope of wearable segment in India to also cover health-related applications and deliver a variety of devices like fitness trackers, active lifestyle smart watches, sports and fitness bands.”
MediaTek MT2511 is a power efficient chip with built-in heart beat interval technology and 4KB SRAM to optimise overall power consumption. MediaTek says the heart technology is an exclusive and will ensure efficiency while monitoring heart rate in sleep mode. The chip can acquire bio signal through electrocardiography (ECG) and photoplethysmography (PPG) simultaneously.
MediaTek’s MT2523 processor is more likely to reach your wrist than MT2511. The MT2523 comes with onboard GPS, dual-mode Bluetooth LE, support for high-resolution screens and ARM Cortex-M4F CPU. The fitness devices powered by this new processor is expected to last more than a week on single charge.
With the new chipsets, MediaTek is expanding its footprint in India’s health and fitness market.