I have tried most of the smart televisions available in the market. I have also tried some external hardware that can make televisions smart. However, very few people actually use the smart features on a regular basis, mostly because it is not that easy to shift from live TV to the smart features.
However, LG hopes to change that with its new WebOS for televisions. This new software is different from the earlier UIs used by LG as well as other television manufacturers and it far more intuitive and easy to use. In fact, it is as easy as swiping from one feature to the other.
The unique Launcher — a left-to-right scrollable menu that runs across the lower portion of the screen — makes it possible to switch between broadcast TV, VoD movies, games, apps, media files stored on connected devices without returning to the ‘home’ screen. The Launcher is accessible from any screen, without interrupting their current content selection.
Rishi Tandan, LG India’s marketing head for home entertainment, said the feature could make people actually use the smart features of their televisions.
Speaking at the LG Tech Show 2014, he said the company’s be launch for this year will be the 4k curved OLED TV, the first time OLED was being used for ultra high defenition content. The company showcased its award winning 77-inch model from CES at the show.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Tandan said the company will offer 4K models that are at par in pricing with the cheapest models in the market. “But it won’t take long for customers to realise that they can buy a better model from HT for a small premium. That wouldn’t matter as they are anyway spending so much on the television.”
The most affordable 4K televisions are priced around Rs 3,00,000.
LG’s Ultra HD TV range of TVs deliver 8.3 million pixels per frameand come with an ULTRA HD Engine that up scales any video format into 4k quality. LG Ultra HD lineup is available in 49, 55, 65 and 84 inches.