LG Electronics (LG) announced the launch of its premium smart appliances with HomeChat messaging service in South Korea. HomeChat employs Natural Language Processing (NLP) and LINE, the popular mobile messenger app with over 300 million users, to let homeowners communicate, control, monitor and share content with LG’s latest smart appliances.
LG HomeChat incorporates the popular LINE application to allow users to receive recommendations and control settings of smart appliances like refrigerator, washing machine or oven when away from home.
The company’s smart appliance lineup includes a camera-equipped refrigerator, a washing machine that allows users to start and download washing cycles remotely via HomeChat and a Lightwave oven that supports NFC and WiFi for convenient control from any location.
LG’s smart refrigerator incorporates the new Smart View feature that consists LG’s first built-in internal refrigerator camera positioned at the top of the main compartment, users can monitor exactly what’s inside their refrigerator without opening the door on their smartphones or tablets.
The refrigerator also offers Smart Manager feature to keep track of the expiration dates of food items inside the refrigerator. Smart Manager can also recommend meal options based on the ingredients stored in the refrigerator.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Another feature, Health Manager can make recipe recommendations as well as daily and weekly meal plans based on the user’s personal profile.
LG Smart Washing Machine incorporated with HomeChat lets consumers remotely control and monitor their LG smart washing machine from outside the home. By texting start washing cycle when they head for home, LG’s smart washing machine will ensure that the laundry is completed by the time they get home.
And by texting what are you doing? Users can receive real time updates on the washer’s progress
The washing machine is equipped with an intuitive smart touch display that makes it easy to select or download appropriate wash cycles via a WiFi connection.
LG Smart Lightwave Oven with HomeChat and Recipe Search feature can recommend recipes for specific dishes. Select Return-home using HomeChat and the smart oven will ask, what dish would you like to make today? and open the Recipe Search window. When ready to cook, the oven will set the oven’s temperature and cooking time for the particular dish.
Users can receive alerts on their smartphones when new recipes are available, encouraging family members to try new and interesting dishes.
A Quick Button feature enables fast and easy access to each appliance’s most commonly used functions and HomeChat service offers three different modes: Vacation, Away and Return-home.
After its successful launch in Korea, LG plans to introduce the HomeChat compatible smart refrigerator, washing machine and oven in United States.