LG Electronics (LG) announced the launch of its premium smart appliances with HomeChat messaging service in South Korea. HomeChat employs Natural Language Processing (NLP) and LINE, the popular mobile messenger app with over 300 million users, to let homeowners communicate, control, monitor and share content with LG’s latest smart appliances.
LG HomeChat incorporates the popular LINE application to allow users to receive recommendations and control settings of smart appliances like refrigerator, washing machine or oven when away from home.
The company’s smart appliance lineup includes a camera-equipped refrigerator, a washing machine that allows users to start and download washing cycles remotely via HomeChat and a Lightwave oven that supports NFC and WiFi for convenient control from any location.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
LG’s smart refrigerator incorporates the new Smart View feature that consists LG’s first built-in internal refrigerator camera positioned at the top of the main compartment, users can monitor exactly what’s inside their refrigerator without opening the door on their smartphones or tablets.
The refrigerator also offers Smart Manager feature to keep track of the expiration dates of food items inside the refrigerator. Smart Manager can also recommend meal options based on the ingredients stored in the refrigerator.
Another feature, Health Manager can make recipe recommendations as well as daily and weekly meal plans based on the user’s personal profile.
LG Smart Washing Machine incorporated with HomeChat lets consumers remotely control and monitor their LG smart washing machine from outside the home. By texting start washing cycle when they head for home, LG’s smart washing machine will ensure that the laundry is completed by the time they get home.
And by texting what are you doing? Users can receive real time updates on the washer’s progress
The washing machine is equipped with an intuitive smart touch display that makes it easy to select or download appropriate wash cycles via a WiFi connection.
LG Smart Lightwave Oven with HomeChat and Recipe Search feature can recommend recipes for specific dishes. Select Return-home using HomeChat and the smart oven will ask, what dish would you like to make today? and open the Recipe Search window. When ready to cook, the oven will set the oven’s temperature and cooking time for the particular dish.
Users can receive alerts on their smartphones when new recipes are available, encouraging family members to try new and interesting dishes.
A Quick Button feature enables fast and easy access to each appliance’s most commonly used functions and HomeChat service offers three different modes: Vacation, Away and Return-home.
After its successful launch in Korea, LG plans to introduce the HomeChat compatible smart refrigerator, washing machine and oven in United States.