Leica’s cameras are definitely among the niche ones available in the market, and while they cost a lot of money, the cameras were never meant for rough outings. That’s just about to change with Leica X-U.
The Leica X-U is both waterproof and shatterproof, and it will cost under $3000. The new rugged camera can be submerged in water up to 49 feet. Like other rugged-cameras in the market, Leica has winterised (snow-sealing), and dust-sealed it, making the Leica X-U versatile for any kind of shooting condition.
Leica X-U is basically a Leica T with ruggedised exterior. The X-U sports a 16.5-megapixel APS-C image sensor paired with a fixed Summilux 23mm lens. The lens has a fast aperture of f1.7. The camera’s closest focusing distance is 20 cm.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
On the video front, the Leica X-U can record full HD videos at 30 frames per second and the video is stored in MP4 format. Leica X-U comes with 3-inch TFT LCD display and offers full manual settings. The ISO tops at 12,500 and the camera weighs approximately 635 grams.
The Leica X-U seems to be more affordable considering the pricing for the company’s earlier cameras. The X-U will be available by the end of January for $2,950.