Intel has launched a Compute Stick in India. While the Intel stick will be available on Flipkart, iBall had also partnered with Intel to release its own stick-computer. Intel’s Compute stick will enable a user to transform a basic HDMI Tv or monitor into a fully functioning entry level computer.
The Intel Compute Stick is based on the Intel Atom Quad-Core Processor, and will come in choice of a Windows 8.1 or Linux operating systems. Both devices come with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth for connectivity, and USB port a micro SD card slot for additional storage.
- Meltdown, Spectre chip flaws: Affected parties, fixes and solutions explained
- Security flaw affects Intel, ARM, and other processors: Everything to know
- Intel processors have serious design flaw; fix will cause Windows, Linux PCs to slow down
- Pocket computing is here; Should you opt for PC-on-a-stick?
- The Add-Ons You Need to Use Intel Compute Stick
- Express Review: Intel Compute Stick Turns Any TV Into a Windows PC
The Windows 8.1 version of the Compute Stick has 32GB storage and 2GB memory, while the Linux one comes pre-installed with Ubuntu 14.04 and includes 8GB storage, 1GB memory.
The Intel Compute Stick with Windows 8.1 is priced at Rs 12,999 on Flipkart, although it is currently available for a special price of Rs 9,999 on the site.
In addition to the two Intel sticks, iBall too had earlier launched the iBall Splendo PC-On-Stick, which is powered by the Intel Atom Quad-Core Processor and runs Windows 8.1. The iBall stick has 2GBRAM with 32GB in-built memory.