HP Chromebook 11 G5 has been announced with touchscreen option, a redesigned chassis, and a slimmer form factor. The new HP Chromebook 11 G5 starts at $189, which comes to around Rs 12,800 approximately.
According to HP, the Chromebook features a slim design with a narrower display bezels, thinner and lighter dimensions than previous generations, and promises up to 12.5 hours of battery life.
HP Chromebook 11 G5 is the first of HP’s 11.6-inch display diagonal Chromebooks to offer a touchscreen option. The display is HD resolution with IPS touchscreen panel with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Mother’s day Gift ideas: Smartphones and accessories for your mom
- Motorola 45th anniversary sale on Amazon India: Discounts on Moto G5, Moto G5S, Moto Z2 Play, and more
- Moto G5s Plus, Moto G5s, Moto G5, Moto G5 Plus get discounts on Amazon: All you need to know
- CES 2018: Acer Swift 7, Nitro 5, Spin 3, and Chromebook 11 announced
- Google for Education unveils two new Chromebooks with Wacom stylus
- Google Chromebook 11: A laptop at heart but light and portable like tablet
HP Chromebook 11 G5 has an Intel Celeron N3060 processor, promises up to 11 hours battery on a touchscreen and up to 12.5 hours on a non-touchscreen.
Chromebooks represented a larger portion of market share than Apple Mac computers in the US during the first quarter of the year, according to data from IDC . The research firm put Mac shipments at around 1.76 million in the first quarter, while over 2 million Chromebooks were sold during that period.
With Chrome OS planning to support Google Play Store apps from Android, Chromebook fans will get access to more than 2 million Android apps, which could give these laptops a big edge.
The HP Chromebook 11 G5 will go on sale in July and hit offline retail stores in October.