Google is reportedly working on two new smartwatches based on Android Wear 2.0. The smartwatches first rumoured in July this year are expected to launch early next year. Google recently delayed Android Wear 2.0 till early next year and might debut the new wrist friendly version of Android alongside the new smartwatches.
Google is currently revamping its hardware ambitions big time. The company recently ditched the Nexus smartphone brand to announce its own Pixel range. Google’s Pixel and Pixel XL are the most premium Android smartphones one can buy right now. Google is probably preparing its own smartwatches in order to better compete with other smartwatch makers and particularly help Android Wear watches jump back in popularity.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The timeline for the release of Google’s own Android smartwatches come from Evan Blass. He tweeted the release date alongside pictures of product first revealed by Android Police. Like Pixel smartphones, Google’s Android Wear 2.0 smartwatches will focus on Google Assistant as the primary method of interaction. The smartwatches are codenamed Angelfish and Swordfish and are also likely to come with new watch faces.
Android Police had reported that Angelfish will be a larger watch with large crown button while Swordfish is expected to come with more subtle and cleaner look. The Swordfish is expected to be the minimalist watch while Angelfish will concentrate on technical specifications.
Android Wear 2.0 was showcased at Google I/O 2016 with dedicated Play Store and support for material design. The next version is also expected to bring standalone apps and support for messaging directly from the watch.Google has not confirmed plans of launching its own smartwatches but these could well be the first smartwatches to run Android Wear 2.0 and probably ‘Made by Google’ smartwatches.