While a global launch for smartphones in India has become common, Canon has announced the global launch of its Pixma range of printers with refillable ink in India.
Canon has launched four new models in its Pixma G series – G1000, G2000, G2002 and G3000 in India. Canon now has total of 33 inkjet printers. The USP of these printers is the integrated ink tank which are refillable.
Canon claims that the print yield with this printer will be as high as 6000 black and white pages and up to 7000 colour prints. The printers come with individual tanks for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black colours. Canon has priced the replacement ink bottles at Rs 499 per unit.
- Canon EOS M50 review: Compact, but with DSLR versatility
- Canon EOS M50 launched in India: Price, specifications and features
- Epson introduces RIPS technology to reduce print costs
- Canon India launches new imageRUNNER colour printing machines for enterprise
- Canon India launches 24 products
- On top of the pixel chain
“We are honored to host the global launch of the G series of PIXMA printers here in India today. Canon keeps customer experience at the center of all its innovation. So we are happy to give a firsthand experience to our Indian customers. Canon is a new entrant into the category but we are excited and bullish about capturing approximately 30% of the CISS market by the end of Dec 2016,” said Kazutada Kobayashi, President and CEO, Canon India Pvt. Ltd.
Canon says the cost for black and white prints will be as low as 8 paise and colour prints will be 21 paise per prints with its new Pixma G series range.