Apple MacBook Pro is now available in India. Apple’s newest MacBook Pro is the thinnest and lightest one yet. The function key on the keyboard in the new MacBook Pro has been replaced by a new ‘Retina-quality’ multi-touch display known as the Touch Bar. The device starts at Rs 1,29,900 for the 13-inch variant (256GB) without the TouchBar. The one with TouchBar costs Rs 1,55,900 for the 256GB version and Rs 1,72,900 for the 512GB storage option. The 15-inch display variant of Apple MacBook Pro is available in India at Rs 2,05,900 for 256GB storage variant. The 512GB option costs Rs 2,41,900.
Apple unveiled its new MacBook Pro at its event on October 27. Apple claims the MacBook Pro features the ‘brightest and most colourful Retina display yet’ with 500 nits of brightness, which Apple claims is 67 per cent brighter than the previous generation. The new 13-inch MacBook Pro is 17 per cent thinner compared to its earlier model, and weighs 1.37 kg. The 15-inch MacBook Pro is 14 per cent thinner, and weighs 1.83 kg.
13-inch MacBook Pro
The 13-inch MacBook Pro without the Touch Bar, features a Retina display with a 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution and is powered by a 2.0 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor. The notebook features 8GB of RAM, a 256GB SSD (customisable to 1TB in US) and comes with Intel Iris Graphics 540. The battery life on the notebook is claimed to be 10 hours (while on wireless web) and will be running Apple’s latest Mac OS Sierra. The 13-inch Macbook Pro weighs 1.37 kg, will come in Silver and Space Grey colours.
MacBook Pro 13-inch with Touch Bar comes in two variants, and will feature a 13-inch display with 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution. Both notebooks are powered by a 2.9 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor coupled with an Intel Iris Graphics 550 card. The notebooks come with with 8GB RAM and 256GB/512GB SSD storage respectively. The battery life, weight and colour options are same as the other 13-inch MacBook Pro.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
15-inch MacBook Pro
The 15-inch MacBook Pro has two variants based on storage (both featuring the new Touch Bar). The notebooks will be powered by a 2.6GHz/ 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor respectively – feature 16GB RAM and 256GB/512GB SSD storage. The notebook features Intel HD Graphics 530 as well as option for AMD Radeon 450, 455 or 460 processors for Graphics. The new MacBook Pro also runs Mac OS Sierra. The notebooks have 10 hours of battery life and weigh 1.83kg.
All new MacBook Pro computers feature four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Apple has done away with the MagSafe charger, and you can’t plug your iPhone into the MacBook Pro anymore or basically anything else that has USB port on one end. Apple wants you to rely on adapters to plug your old cables into the new MacBook Pro.
We had put out the expected India pricing of the MacBook Pro in October at the time of the launch.