Apple’s MacBook Pro might have received its fair share of criticism for killing off ports, but according to Phil Schiller, the company’s Senior Vice-President of Marketing, online orders for the new notebooks are highest ever. According to Schiller’s comments, the 2016 MacBook Pro has more online orders than any other Pro laptop launched by Apple. Schiller made the comments in an exclusive interview to British newspaper The Independent.
Schiller in his interview also addressed the criticism directed at the new MacBook Pros. One of the most common complaints is about Apple doing away with all the regular ports, and instead placing type-C USB ports, which means people will have to rely on a range of adapters even if they want to plug in their latest iPhone 7 series.
However, Schiller he was surprised about the criticism, but added that every “great new Apple product” has had “its share of early criticism and debate — and that’s cool.” Schiller added, “We took a bold risk, and of course with every step forward there is also some change to deal with.”
Apple’s senior VP also spoke about why the new MacBook Pro doesn’t have an SD card support anymore, calling it a “cumbersome slot.” Schiller also hinted it would be better to use USB card readers which are much faster or CompactFlash. On why the 3.5mm headphone jack has survived on the MacBook Pro but not on the iPhone 7, Schiller said “many users have setups with studio monitors, amps, and other pro audio gear that do not have wireless solutions and need the 3.5mm jack.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
In India, the Apple MacBook Pro with the new Touch Bar is still listed as Coming Soon. The pricing for the 13-inch Pro with the Touch Bar starts at Rs 155,900 according to Apple’s website, and the 15-inch Pro will start at an even more hefty Rs 205,900. The 13-inch version without the Touch Bar will start at Rs 129,900. Apple hasn’t officially confirmed a launch date for the MacBook Pro in India.
The Touch Bar is the highlight of the MacBook Pro series, which is a touch-sensitive OLED bar that dynamically adjusts according to the functions of the particular application. Apple has done away with the function bar, in place of the Touch Bar. While the Touch Bar has a set of regular functions like brightness, volume, when a user is inside an application like say Mail or Final Cut Pro, the bar has specialized functions for that particular application.
Apple MacBook Pro comes with the Intel core i5/i7 processor, upto 1TB SSD, and nearly 10 hours of battery life. The new MacBook Pro series is thinner and lighter than the previous generation and come in Silver and Grey colour options.