An Apple event is on the way, says a new report on Recode. According to the report, the new 2016 MacBook models will be showcased at an event on October 27. Given the MacBooks have gotten an upgrade for sometime now, this was long due. Recent leaks and reports have also hinted about a new redesigned MacBook Pro and MacBook Air this year.
According to the report, Apple’s event will take place at the company’s Cupertino Campus and not in San Francisco where most product announcements take place. The Recode report comes soon after Japanese blog Macotakara reported Apple’s new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air will ditch regular USB port and MagSafe charging port for the Type-C one.
The report on Macotakara also adds that Apple will kill off the 11-inch Apple MacBook Air, which is not surprising given there’s a powerful iPad Pro 12.9-inch in the market now, regarded by many as a good enough laptop replacement. Instead Apple will concentrate on the 13-inch MacBook Air. Also both new laptops will come with USB Type-C port and Thunderbolt 3 ports. Apple’s 12-inch MacBook is already using USB-C, and it seems like the rest of the laptop lineup is also going this way.
However, the big revamp on the MacBook series is expected to be “Dynamic Function Row” where Apple will replace the function keys with touchscreen OLED strip that can be used to match applications dynamically. Earlier MacRumors had reported Apple will use AMD’s ‘Polaris graphics chips’ with the new 15-inch model of the MacBook Pro. It will also add Touch ID fingerprint security support to the series. The new laptops are also expected to run the latest Intel 7th generation processor and come with a slimmer design than the current Pro range.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For Apple, the new MacBooks come at a time when PC sales and Macs are seeing a decline in the market. Apple’s iPhone, which was for years the star product in their portfolio, has also seen a dip in sales, although how the latest iPhone 7 performs in the market will only be confirmed later.
A lot of customers planning to get a new MacBook might hold off on purchasing the device, given the new ones are on the way. However, we should point out that with current Diwali offers, there are some good deals on the MacBook Air, which is still a pretty capable device.