Over four months after its US launch, Amazon India has brought the Kindle Paperwhite ebook reader to the country.
The price is the same as that of the previous generation device — WiFi variant for Rs 10,999 and if you want 3G, be prepared to shell out Rs 13,999. These variants are available for pre-order on amazon.in. The company said it will begin shipping the new Kindle Paperwhite on February 4.
The new Kindle Paperwhite looks similar to its predecessor, but the improvements are in its display, processor, touchscreen and software.
Amazon says this iteration of the product has a display with higher contrast, a better front light for reading in the dark, both of which should improve reading experience. Amazon says the new display makes pages “indistinguishable from paper”.
A common complaint with Kindle devices is the slight lag while flipping pages or opening books. Amazon says the new devices have a faster processor that eliminate this lag. It says a new page flip feature lets you move back and forth between a book without losing track of the page you were on. Fantasy novel lovers will love this feature as Amazon says looking up maps at the beginning of the book becomes much easier.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
When you look up a word in the dictionary, the Kindle Paperwhite stores them in a list that you can access quickly. So if you keep forgetting the meaning of certain words, this list will be handy. The new device also features Wikipedia integration.
The new Kindle also has FreeTime, which lets you create profiles for children and makes it easy to keep a check on what they read.
“Kindle is the best-selling e-reader in the world for six years running, and now it’s even better,” Amit Agarwal, vice president and country manager, Amazon India, said.
Kindle Paperwhite will be available from over 250 retail outlets in India.