Yuki Bhambri fought hard before losing the singles semifinals of the Houston Cup, a USD 25000 ITF Futures event, to American Wil Spencer.
The top-seeded Indian, who is making a comeback to the competitive tennis after a six-month injury break, lost 2-6 6-4 5-7 to his unseeded rival in the hard court event.
Yuki paid the price for not being able convert any of the five breakpoints he got in the third and decisive set.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
However, the Indian, who is now ranked 283, had a lot of positives to take from the tournament, where he managed to win three matches.
“It will take time to get back to my best. The good thing is that I can play again without feeling much pain or causing more damage to my body,” Yuki said.
The Delhi lad, who featured in top-100 around this time
The Delhi lad, who featured in top-100 around this time last season, had played two Challenger level events — Stockton and Tiburon — before coming here but fell in the first rounds of both.