Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek of Czech Republic entered the semifinals in men’s doubles while another Indian Sania Mirza and her Romanian partner Horia Tecau crashed out of the mixed doubles in the Wimbledon Championships in London on Thursday.
Fifth seeded Paes and Stepanek recorded an upset win over third seeds Daniel Nestor of Canada and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia in a quarterfinal match. The Indo-Czech pair won 3-6 7-6 6-3 6-4 in the 152-minute contest.
In the semifinals, Paes and Stepanek take on the unseeded pair of Vasek Pospisil of Canada and Jack Sock of United States. Pospisil and Sock stunned the second seeded pair of Alexander Peya of Austria and Bruno Soares of Brazil 6-4 3-6 7-6 6-4 in another quarterfinal match.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Meanwhile, Sania Mirza’s campaign at the Wimbledon championships ended with a third round defeat along with her partner Horia Tecau.
The sixth-seeded Indo-Romanian pair lost 5-7 3-6 to 10th seeds Jamie Murray and Casey Dellacqua in the third round.
Sania, who has tremendous ground strokes, looked off colour today and it was Tecau who kept the team in fight.
Sania and Tecau could convert only one of the seven break chances they had in the match and that cost them the match.