Major champions Juan Martin del Potro, Venus Williams and Garbine Muguruza are among the tennis players taking part in exhibition matches at Madison Square Garden on March 6.
Also participating: recently suspended top-15 player Nick Kyrgios.
The 10th anniversary edition of the BNP Paribas Showdown, announced Wednesday, includes the following matchups: 2009 U.S. Open champion del Potro vs. 2014 U.S. Open runner-up Kei Nishikori, seven-time Grand Slam title winner Williams vs. 2016 French Open champion Muguruza, and top American man Jack Sock vs. Kyrgios, who was suspended this month by the ATP for at least three weeks for “tanking” a match and insulting fans.
Kyrgios was suspended through Jan. 15 and fined $25,000 by the ATP. His suspension can be reduced to three weeks if he accepts help from a psychologist.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016