Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and her Zimbabwean partner Cara Black hardly broke a sweat as they entered the US Open women’s doubles semifinals after their rivals retired midway through the quarterfinal.
Sania and Cara, seeded third, defeated the Kazakh-Chinese pairing of Zarina Diyas and Yi-Fan Xu 6-1 1-0 (retd) in 45 minutes to make the last four stage.
They will now face the Swiss-Italian team of Martina Hingis and Flavia Pennetta. Hingis and Pennetta upstaged fifth seeds Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik 6-4 6-3 in their last-eight match.
In a match which looked lopsided from the very start, Sania and Cara held serve and broke their rivals twice to pocket the opening set easily before the proceedings came to an end in the opening five minutes of the second set.
In the junior competition, India’s Sumit Nagal lost 2-6 2-6 to seventh seeded Korean Duckhee Lee to bow out of the competition.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More