India’s Sania Mirza and her partner Cara Black of Zimbabwe could not make it to the US Open women’s doubles finals after going down in straight sets to Swiss-Italian pair of Martina Hingis and Flavia Pennetta at the Grand Slam event in New York.
The 27-year-old Indian, who reached the summit clash in the mixed doubles category along with partner Bruno Soares of Brazil, lost 2-6 4-6 to the unseeded pair in a semifinal match that lasted for an hour and 10 minutes.
The third seeded duo failed to convert six of the seven break points that came their way, where as their opponent broke them four times out of five chances at the Louis Armstrong stadium in New York.
This is the second consecutive semifinal exit for Sania as the Indian, partnering China’s Jie Zheng, also failed to cross the last four hurdle last year.
In the mixed doubles final, Sania and Soares will take on unseeded pair of Abigail Spears from the USA and Santiago Gonzalez from Mexico.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
All other Indians have already exited from the last Grand Slam of the season as Rohan Bopanna and Leander Paes fell at different stages of their respective events.