Sania Mirza remained on course for her second successive Grand Slam title after reaching the semifinals of the US Open with Swiss partner Martina Hingis.
Top seeds Sania and Hingis, the Wimbledon champions, saw off the challenge of Taipei girls Yung-Jan Chan and Hao-Ching Chan 7-6(5) 6-1 in the quarterfinals of the last Grand Slam tournament of the season.
In the 85-minute contest, Sania and Hingis converted all the four breakpoints they earned and lost their serve twice to their ninth seed opponents.
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis crash out; Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes move ahead
- French Open: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes book second round berths
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis' dream run continues, bag ninth title of the year
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis enter WTA Finals semis
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis through to Aegon International semis
- US Open: Sania Mirza-Cara Black cruise into semis
They next face 11th seed Italians Sara Errani and Flavia Pennetta.
In the junior girls singles, India’s Karman Kaur Thandi reached the third round with a 6-2 4-6 6-3 win over E Levashova.
In the men’s doubles quarter-finals Rohan Bopanna and Florin Mergea will take on Dominic Inglot and Robert Lindstedt.
Bopanna is also in contention in the mixed doubles event where he and his partner Yung-Jan Chan are up against Leander Paes and Martina Hingis in the semifinals.