Sania Mirza and her Czech partner Barbora Strycova suffered a straight-set loss against Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova in the summit clash of the WTA Wuhan Open, in Wuhan on Saturday.
The third seeds lost 1-6 4-6 to the fifth seeded US-Czech pair of Mattek-Sands and Safarova in the finals of the USD 2,589,000 tournament that lasted a little over an hour.
Mattek-Sands and Safarova converted six of the eight break points that came their way, while the Indo-Czech pair squandered six out of eight.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Sania has won three titles in her last four tournaments she has played after splitting with Swiss Martina Hingis.