Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal will return to competitive action at the China Open next month following recovery from a knee injury that derailed her Olympic campaign.
Saina, who resumed match practice this week, would vie for the honours in the China Open starting November 12, according to her father Harvir Singh.
Saina, who is currently ranked 5th in BWF world rankings, was the runner-up in China Open last year and the winner in the year before that.
Saina, who has recently been appointed a member of the International Olympic Committee’s Athletes’ Commission, will not be able to attend the next meeting of the panel, slated to be held on November 6, due to her participation in the China Open, Singh told PTI here.
Saina had sustained an intra-articular injury (inside the joint) to her right knee and had lost in the Group Stage in the Rio Olympics. She underwent a surgery for the injury and was on a rehab process for recovery.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016