Novak Djokovic won his opening match at the ATP finals, rallying to beat Dominic Thiem 6-7 (10), 6-0, 6-2 Sunday.
The second-ranked Serb, who has a chance to reclaim the No. 1 ranking at the O2 Arena next weekend, won nine of 10 games after losing the first set in a tiebreaker. And even that was close.
Thiem had his first set point at 6-3 in the tiebreaker, but he double-faulted twice and then put a backhand into the net to make it 6-6.
Djokovic had a chance, too, leading 9-8. But he couldn’t close it out with Thiem serving. The Austrian finally won it on his seventh set point with a forehand winner.
After that, it was just about all Djokovic.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More