Marin Cilic ended a three-match losing streak against David Goffin and earned a spot at the ATP finals.
The former U.S. Open champion converted his sixth match point Thursday to beat Goffin 6-3, 7-6 (9) at the Paris Masters, giving him a spot in the quarterfinals and one of the remaining two berths at the season-ending tournament in London.
Goffin had won their three previous encounters, all of them this year. But Cilic was better Thursday on crucial points, often using his big serve to lift himself out of trouble.
The ninth-seeded Croat raised his arms in triumph and let out a big scream after Goffin shanked a forehand to end it.
Cilic will next face either top-ranked Novak Djokovic or Grigor Dimitrov.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review