After making himself available for the Asian Games, veteran star Leander Paes is set to miss the upcoming Davis Cup tie against Serbia due to personal reasons.
Paes is locked in a legal battle with his partner Rhea Pillai for the custody of their daughter and one of the hearings of the case would be around the tie, scheduled for September 12-14 in Bangalore.
“Leander will play Asian Games and was very much willing to play in the Davis Cup as well. However due to his personal compulsions, AITA has decided to accept his request to not play against Serbia,” AITA Secretary General Bharat Oza said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Early this year, the 40-year-old had asked for a break from national duty but AITA recently named him in the squad for the Asian Games after Paes opted to play at the quadrennial event.
Later Paes had said that he was available for national duty if required. He had missed the Asia/Oceania Group I ties against Chinese Taipei and Korea also.
World number two Serbia are expected to arrive without world No. 1 Novak Djokovic but they have formidable doubles players such as Nenad Zimonjic in their ranks.