India’s Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann went down fighting against local hero Denis Istomin and Mikhail Elgin of Russia in the doubles finals of the ninth edition of the USD 125000 Tashkent ATP Challenger in Uzbekistan on Friday.
The third seeded Indo-German pair lost 4-6, 2-6 to Elgin and Istomin at the Olympic Tennis School in Tashkent.
The winners of the event will get 125 ATP points and USD 7750 while the runners up got USD 4500 and 75 points.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Paes had won Biella event with Begemann and the Busan tournament with Sam Groth early in the season.
The veteran Indian is yet to win a title, an ATP World Tour this season. This is his third runners-up finishes after Winston-Salem and St Petersburg.